Hebrew Israelite Myth : One of the major false assumptions of the Black Hebrew Israelites is that they are the true Israelites and that they arrived the Americas through the transatlantic slave trade. They also assert that true natives of Africa are not Israelites and are doomed. The third assertion is that they claim only through the bloodline of a male descendant of Jacob (Israel) can the bloodline be preserved and they be extended entrance into Heaven.
Slavery in any sence of the word is horrible and a human attrocity. Jesus was purposeful about removeing false boundries and heirachays :
- 1 Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
- Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
This is problematic in several ways:
- There were over 45 ethnic nationalities that were captured and sold as slaves in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. 5% of all slaves also originated from the Eastern coast of Africa. Slaves were not exclusive from just the west coast of Africa or any ethnic groups. So if you say that Trans-Atlantic slaves were ALL from Israel decent you have to include all Africans as well. over it is estimated that 80,000 Africans died each year before ever reaching the slave markets of Zanzibar. Zanzibar was once East Africa's main slave-trading port, and under Omani in the 19th as many as 50,000 slaves were passing through the city each year.. So there was major slave trade off the east coast of Africa as well.
- Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade
- The different ethnic groups brought to the Americas closely corresponds to the regions of heaviest activity in the slave trade. Over 45 distinct ethnic groups were taken to the Americas during the trade. Of the 45, the ten most prominent, according to slave documentation of the era are listed below.
- The BaKongo of the Democratic Republic of Congo and Angola
- The Mandé of Upper Guinea
- The Gbe speakers of Togo, and Benin (Adja, Mina, Ewe, Fon)
- The Akan of Ghana and Ivory Coast
- The Wolof of Senegal and the Gambia
- The Igbo of southeastern Nigeria
- The Mbundu of Angola (includes both Ambundu and Ovimbundu)
- The Yoruba of southwestern Nigeria
- The Chamba of Cameroon
- The Makua of Mozambique
- If inclusion to the promises of the bible only offered to true Israelites that contain a continuous line from their Dad's side there are several factors that could break the lineage over 2000 years. In fact according to AfricaDNA, the modern day African-American is 75% African origin and 25% other.
- AfricanDNA, http://www.africandna.com , is the only company that offers the service of scholars interpreting multiple matches when compared to the database. A board of historical consultants will include
- Dr. Fatimah Jackson, Professor, Applied Biological Anthropology, University of Maryland;
- Dr. Linda Heywood and Dr. John Thornton, both African historians at Boston University;
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham, Professor of History and of African and African American Studies (Chair) at Harvard University; and
- Dr. David Eltis, director of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database at Emory University.
Also according to historical Sources :
- 33% of slave families were single parent families headed by the mother only. And of those single mother headed families between 15% and 25% of the children born were from white fathers. So statistically a very high percentage of modern day African-Americans have mixed ethnicity.
- Book - Strategic Factors in Nineteenth Century American Economic History: A Volume to Honor Robert W. Fogel , Author : Stephen Crawford
- Page 333 - 338
- Report shows most current DNA studies showing direct over lap of current day African-americans and African Ancestry.