- Isaiah 40:15 - Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
- 18To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him
- 22It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
- 25To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
- Daniel 4:35 : 35"All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And among the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, 'What have You done?'
- Job 9:12 : Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?
Isaiah 40:15 just as Daniel 4:35 is making the following claims:
(1) That man has no power to prevent the fulfillment of the Divine purposes.
(2) That God will accomplish his design in all things, whatever opposition man may make.
(3) That he has absolute control over every human being, and over all that pertains to anyone and everyone.
(4) That he will overrule all things so as to make them subservient to his own plans.
(5) That he will make use of men to accomplish his own purposes. Compare the note at Isaiah 10:7.
(6) That there is a great and glorious scheme of administration which God is carrying out by the instrumentality of men.